The City of Chicago has specific rules regarding the construction and operation of its exit signs. Chicago exit signs have white color finish steel housing with a glass panel and red letters in the word “EXIT” The directional arrows must be below the word EXIT, as opposed to the left and right of the word. Chicago-approved exit signs must be approved by the Chicago Department of Buildings.
- Durable and powder coated 20-gauge steel construction. Premium-grade and white painted heavy duty steel housing with KO’s provided for mounting.
- Comes standard with NO directional arrows. (Arrows and direction must be specified on order)
- Single or double face configuration.
- 90+ minute emergency operation.
- Available in white or black housing.
- Side and back KO’s provided for mounting.
- CXP: 120/277V dual voltage operation. (CA: 120V)
- Charge rate and power “ON” LED indicator light and push-to-test switch for mandated code compliance testing.
- 130 Volt long life incandescent exit sign lamps. 6V 5.4 Watts wedge base incandescent lamps for emergency operation.
- Maintenance-free and rechargeable Ni-Cad battery on emergency (EM) units.
- Fully automatic solid-state, two-rate charger initiates battery charging to recharge a discharged battery in 24 hours.
- Internal solid-state transfer switch automatically connects the internal battery to LED lamps for minimum 90 minute emergency illumination.
- LVD (Low Voltage Disconnection) prevents battery from deep discharge.
- 5 years limited warranty on materials and all electronics.
- UL listed for damp locations & meets UL924, National Electrical Code, NFPA 70 and the Life Safety Code, NFPA 101.