The City of Chicago has specific rules regarding the construction and operation of its exit signs. Chicago exit signs have white color finish steel housing with a glass panel and red letters in the word “EXIT” The directional arrows must be below the word EXIT, as opposed to the left and right of the word. Chicago-approved exit signs must be approved by the Chicago Department of Buildings.
- 20-gauge steel housing.
- Neutral white ﬁnish.
- Ultra-bright, energy efﬁcient, long-lasting white LEDs provide uniform illumination.
- Single or double face conﬁgurations.
- Mounting canopy included for top or end mount.
- Universal K/O pattern on backplate for wall mount.
- Dual 120V/277V.
- Internal solid-state transfer switch automatically connects the internal battery to LED board for minimum 120-minute emergency illumination.
- Charge rate/power “ON” LED indicator light and push to test switch for mandated code compliance testing.
- 4.8V Long-life, maintenance-free, rechargeable Ni-Cd battery (EM models only).
- Fully automatic solid-state, two-rate charger initiates battery charging to recharge a discharged battery in 24 hours.
- 5 year warranty on all electronics and housing. Battery pro-rated for ﬁve years.
- UL listed for damp locations (0°-50°C/32°F-122°F standard).
- Meets UL924, NFPA 70, NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, NEC, OSHA, Local and State Codes.
- Meets city of Chicago requirements.